INSPIRATION FOR YOUR NEXT SOUTH AFRICA LUXVENTURE™ TRIP
THINGS TO DO IN SOUTH AFRICA
- The dynamic urban locations and cultural diversity make South Africa one of the continent’s most vibrant nations.
- From the Wine Route’s delectable culinary experiences through to breathtaking wildlife views in the Kruger National Park, there’s a source of delight for all who visit
this spirited nation.
- You’ll find the ideal location to unleash the explorer in you in any one of the nine awe-inspiring provinces in the country.
- With more than 20 World Heritage sites, South Africa boasts a rich history and a bio-diversity that attracts both young and old throughout the globe.
- Contact one of our Safari Experts to help you plan your perfect Ker and Downey South African safari, or take a look at some of our suggested itineraries below.
For new Visa requirements for parents travelling to / from South Africa with children click here.
- Explore the art, fashion and design scene of South Africa and discover why Cape Town deserves its 2014 World Design Capital status.
- Combine relaxation with five star game viewing on a wellness vacation in Cape Town and the Madikwe Game Reserve.
- Follow Nelson Mandela’s life story from his humble beginnings in a small village in Qunu to his inauguration as South Africa’s first democratically elected President in Pretoria.
- Explore the cultural mix and vibrancy of Soweto township.
- Discover the geological wonder of the mountains of the Panorama Route in the Mpumalanga province.
- Get a view from a different perspective, with hot-air balloon rides, sky-diving trips and even paragliding experiences and take in the majestic aerial sights.
- Watersports enthusiasts can enjoy surfing, paddle boarding and sailing along the Atlantic Seaboard and river-rafting, canoeing, and waterskiing on the many beautiful lakes, rivers and lagoons located across scenic landscapes.
The best time to visit the Kruger region of South Africa and most of the country’s other wildlife reserves is in the dry season between May and September. At this time of year, the grass is shorter which forces the animals to congregate around fresh water sources such as rivers and lakes. It can also work out to be the best value for visitors as it is the low season for tourism, which runs off the Cape Town calendar.
Cape Town and Garden Route: All Year Round
In terms of weather, the best time to visit the Cape region of South Africa (including the game reserves situated along the Garden Route) is between October and April. This covers the spring and summer seasons meaning better weather and long, dry days. The peak season for Cape Town is between the middle of December and the middle of January when most South Africans take an extended vacation over the Christmas and New Year periods.
Insider Tip:Escape the crowds and visit Cape Town in September or May and combine it with a safari in one of South Africa’s northern reserves.
Contact your Travel Specialist to learn more about the best time to visit South Africa.