Head of Customer Relations and Operations
Diploma / Degree
Immediate or soonest
JOB DESCRIPTION (OVERVIEW)
We hire creative thinkers who have a pragmatic business mind, an entrepreneurial spirit, an international outlook, and an appreciation for luxury. We look for the pursuit of excellence and the capacity to look to the future while staying true to the DNA of our brand. Candidates with these qualities will thrive at Ker & Downey Africa.
Ker & Downey Africa is a leading luxury African safari company.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the five-star luxury travel industry and have worked in custom service, operations (with logistics) and have an active knowledge in the use of a CRM system. A rounded knowledge of the travel agency, DMC and accommodation business models is a plus.
Please contact [email protected] for further information.
Position – Specific Responsibilities
- Manage an operations team to create a lean organisation able to develop and, control and report the existing and new pipeline, creating an organisation which acts consistently on the ground. This includes overseeing the travel coordinators.
- Oversee all client operations and logistics.
- Monitor the files of each travel consultant.
- Cultivate the existing client database of Ker & Downey Africa to build long-term, lasting relationships and encourage referrals and repeat business
- Ensure the final documentation is done timeously.
- Quality control with the company’s SOP.
- Execute customer service strategy.
- Ensure logistics runs smoothly.
- Assist with suppliers’ issues where required.
- Develop marketing and strategy concepts with the sales manager.
Position – Critical Priorities
- Innovate and improve on customer service and experience.
- 24/7 on the ground support to all clients.
- Handling of any complaints/issues successfully.
- Brand ambassador at all times.
Requirements (“must haves”)
- Strong communication, both written and verbal.
- Ability to manage pressure and deadlines.
- Highly dependable, self-starter, will act with high energy and positive attitude, establishing trust and credibility inside and outside the company.
- Experience in 5-star luxury safari market with at least 3 years in a similar role.
- CRM experience
- Operations and/or customer service.
- Ability to work in a team environment.